A law degree that makes you a successful lawyer in the international market!
Under the patronage of the University of Debrecen, a Hungarian University of National Excellence, UD Faculty of Law offers you the most wanted and popular, widely accepted master program in European and International Business Law. This master program provides modern, business-focused law degree with a special European character, focusing on the tendencies of the European and international market. The program gives you the opportunity to take your legal expertise to a whole new level, learning how European and international law make a remarkable impact on business life, exploring both legislative and judicial elements of European business law, trade law and corporate law.
The English language master program is open for lawyers from Hungary as well as from other countries of the world.
- 2 semesters (10 months)
English language proficiency
- Intermediate level language exam or equivalent (IELTS 6.0)
- 6500 USD/full program (medical insurance, text books, study materials are included)
- For those planning to spend their time in Hungary for the full duration of the master program, we offer the regular full-time education with classes held between Monday and Thusrday. Expect to have around 20 classes (each 45 minute long) a week. Classes focus on interactive discussion style approach in order to strenghten students' communication and argument skills. E-learning methods are also used in the program. Enrolling the program gives you access to all study materials, textbooks, case-law digests included in the tuiton (no extra costs for these). Fall semester usually starts around mid-September and lasts for 14 weeks (a one-week long holiday is scheduled around November 1st). Exam term starts around December 20th and lasts for 6 weeks. Exam term may be used to work on your papers, thesis. Spring semester starts around mid-February and it lasts also for 14 weeks (a one-week long holiday is expected around the Easter holiday). Exam term starts around May 20th and ends around early-July (6 weeks).
- Being a full-time student grants you a study visa to the Schengen Area countries (26 European states). If you are a national of a non-EU country you must be a full time student in order to get visa and residence permit for the full duration of your studies.
- Short term study visits to other EU countries may be financed by the European Union or the Hungarian Goverment. Such scholarships are typically available to foreign nationals enrolled in our master of laws program.
- If you plan to continue your professional career while studying, we offer you a part-time program with classes held only in the weekends (on Fridays and Saturdays, cc. 5 weekends in a semester).
For general information
- May apply for the program (both full-time and part-time) in the official Hungarian Higher Education Admission procedure through www.felvi.hu. Usually in January for September intake each year. Please visit www.felvi.hu for detailed information about the admission procedure.
- may apply for the program for September intake until June 15th , for February intake until November 15th every year. You should send your application package directly to the University of Debrecen following procedural rules as stated under the following link.
Contact information (full-time program)
Contact information (part-time program)
- Phone: +36 52 512 701
- Fax: +36 52 512 706
For more information please visit our English website.
Visit our photo gallery to get a sense of life in our campus!